Re: [RFC dracut 1/1] unexpected boot failure due to races between iscsistart for multiple interfaces

On 12/21/2017 05:03 PM, Lee Duncan wrote:
That seems like the wrong approach to me. iscsiadm/iscsid were designed for this. The iscsistart script was designed for sing, one-shot use, and is not used in dracut now at all, AFAIK.
The latter is not true, unfortunately. Distros like OpenSUSE and SLES does move to iscsiadm to manage sessions for their dracut fork,  however, the upstream dracut still uses iscsistart now. The context is that it might take a while for the SUSE patches to be upstream ready, hence we need an interim that addressed the particular iSCSI boot issue when dealing with multiple interfaces, until iscsiadm dracut patches become avail. Please see:

https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-initramfs/msg04502.html
https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-initramfs/msg04505.html
https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-initramfs/msg04506.html

Thanks,