Stuck at 'probing EDD (edd=off) .... Ok'

Hi Guys,
I have been sticking at this for several days after a fresh installation of
centos/rhel7 server on my desktop.

My desktop:
    Gigabyte B85M-D3V
    Intel E1230V3
    DDR3 1600 8G
    256G ssd

The installation works fine and system boots up without any problem, but after
I recompiled the kernel with almost the same source code with the same config file
to the released one(both 3.10.0a) and installed it, it kept sticking at
'probing EDD (edd=off) .... Ok'. I have googled it and tried almost every tip there.
I also built a generic initramfs and it changed nothing.

I have compared the contents with the installed initramfs and mine, no module
less than the installed binary. the only difference was all the modules(*.ko)
were compressed with xz as well as they were shown up as '*.ko.xz' in official
binary, and mine are '*.ko' as normal. Would this be the trick?

Thanks,
Wei