dracut unable to boot zfs pool using dracut and systemd

Hi.  I have been trying to get a zpool into a state where I can have zfs
as root  and /usr and other file systems, but Dracut does not play
nice.  It will not find the pool, unless I omit the root= variable from
the kernel command line and even then, it will not mount a separate /usr
zfs dataset.  The fstab entry for that file system is
rpool/usr /usr zfs defaults 0 2

So, am I doing something wrong, or is Dracut broken or what?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici