Can't mount USB within initramfs

Hi,

I have a fedora22 system with dracut-041-10 and initramfs created with
it fails at "reached target basic system". I enabled some debugging,
and it appears to just loop, unable to mount a root, until I get a
dracut shell.

It's created an sosreport, but I'm unable to mount a USB stick to copy
it. It displays info about the device when it's inserted, but no
device name is assigned to it. Is this a problem with how the
initramfs was created, a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

The only modules in /usr/lib/modules/drivers are gpu drivers,
i2c/algos, and raid1 and raid456. The system has a RAID1 and a RAID5
partition, but the kernel modules aren't loaded (have to load them
manually), but then no devices are shown in /proc/mdstat there either.

Is filesystem support compiled into the kernel or must that be added
to the initramfs manually?

Thanks,
Alex