swap device reference causes problem with initramfs for diskless clients

Hi,

when trying to create a initramfs for a diskless client with dracut like

dracut -f initrd.diskless --kver=blabla--add nfs --add disklessmount
  --kernel-cmdline "ip=eth0:dhcp root=nfs:<some ip>:/"

dracut will include a lot of references to the swap device of the host
where we execute this command. The /lib/dracut/hooks/initqueue/finished/devexists-<uuid>
will cause the diskless client to hang waiting for this device to show up.

The hard encoded swap device makes it impossible to create a initrd for
a host other than the one it is created on. The only workaround is to
comment out the line for the swap device in /etc/fstab, create the
initramfs and uncomment the line again. Not a good solution, though, as
we usually create the initrds automatically in %post sections of kernel rpms
and I don't want a script to mess around with the fstab.

As was proposed in http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.initramfs/4111/focus=4112
there really should be a way to tweak the swap handling or at least to
disable it completely. I don't understand why I need a running swap
in the initramfs anyway, but if you see any interesting cases for this,
please let me choose if I want it or not by default! For all our hosts
it would be ok if swap was only activated after chroot to /sysroot, and
all the "I cannot boot after I deleted/changed my swap space" posts you
find googling seem to indicate that many people could benefit from an
easy way to disable swap in dracut.

cu,
Frank

--