cryptsetup + lvm order and crypt name

Hi there,

I installed a new Debian (7.6) system, where I have a huge crypted
partition. This crypted partition is used as a lvm VG where the actual
Linux partitions are. Everything worked ok, till I installed dracut
(after installing a newer Kernel, which needed dracut). It was version
020, but now I'm using 038. So the Problem is my partitions setup, which
dracut can't handle (or I can't configure it).

If I boot with rd.auto=1, then after some time I get a prompt, where I
need to enter the password for decrypting the crypted partition. Then
the boot goes on, but after a while I'm asked again for the password for
the same partition (some Debian init-script), and then I'm stuck there,
since the partition is already in use.

If I boot without rd.auto=1, then nothing happens, and after a while I
get a dracut shell. The only way to boot the system is typing the following:

- cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sda5 sda5_crypt
(sda5_crypt is the name I gave to the crypted volume during
installation) Enter password here
- lvm vgscan
- lvm vgchange -ay
- exit

dracut then can boot successfully.

If I give other name in cryptsetup, instead of sda5_crypt, I end again
in the same boot phase, where the password is asked for a second time.
So I suspect, the the "normal" dracut boot is decrypting my /dev/sda5
with another name. The name is given in the /etc/crypttab, but
rd.luks.crypttab=1 doesn't help. I think the debian script only search
if there is a decrypted partition with the exact name as in the crypttab.

I don't know if this order is supported, first decrypt, than lvm.

What should I do? I'm not a dracut hacker (by now).

Thanks for any idea.

Claudio
--
         _