iBFT oddities

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup a machine with root on iSCSI via iBFT
(on SR-IOV, yay!).

But anyhow, I'll be setting 'ip=ibft' on the commandline as per documentation and the iBFT settings are applied and everything is nice and dandy.

It's only that dracut complains during boot:

Jun 03 16:28:11 localhost dracut-cmdline[80]: ibft
Jun 03 16:28:11 localhost dracut-cmdline[80]: Warning: Please supply bootdev argument for multiple ip= lines Jun 03 16:28:11 localhost dracut-cmdline[80]: Warning: Setting bootdev to 'ibft0'

Looking closer, setting 'ip=ibft' triggers 'ibft_to_cmdline()',
which will add _another_ ip= argument to the dracut commandline.
And consequently parse_ip_opts() complains here.

While it's quite easy to fix (just ignore ip=ibft when checking for duplicate ip arguments), I do wonder whether this is the correct way.

Thing is, 'ip=ibft' is not really an ip setting, but rather a marker that iBFT should be evaluated. As such, wouldn't 'rd.iscsi.firmware=ibft' be a more appropriate setting? Seeing that the ip argument is added to the commandline anyway, having a duplicate 'ip=ibft' setting does look a bit odd.
And confuses the logic ...

Cheers,

Hannes
hare@xxxxxxx			      +49 911 74053 688