Re: rd.break=cmdline broken

On 07/12/2013 06:37 AM, WANG Chao wrote:
> Hi, Harald
>
> I find that rd.break=cmdline will cause a dead lock of service
> dependencies.
>
> dracut-cmdline.service:
> [..]
> Before=systemd-vconsole-setup.service
>
> dracut-emergency.service:
> [..]
> After=systemd-vconsole-setup.service
> Wants=systemd-vconsole-setup.service
>
> So it appears to be a dead lock between systemd-vconsole-setup.service
> and dracut-cmdline.service if we issue dracut-emergency.service with
> rd.break=cmdline.
>
> Because vconsole.conf is generated under cmdline hook, so simply remove
> 'Before=systemd-vconsole-setup.service' wouldn't be a decent solution.
>
> Wondering if you have any idea how to fix it.
>
> Thanks,
> WANG Chao

We/I should either make the vconsole.conf cmdline parsing script a generator and
be moved out of the cmdline hook; or more likely remove the deprecated,
following kernel command line parameters, when using systemd:

- KEYTABLE
- SYSFONT
- CONTRANS
- UNIMAP
- KEYMAP
- FONT
- FONT_MAP
- FONT_UNIMAP
- UNICODE
- EXT_KEYMAP
- LANG
- LC_ALL

and only accept vconsole.* and locale.* parameters, which are handled by systemd
out of the box.