Dracut fails to install libraries on Debian / Ubuntu systems

Due to the multiarch approach of debian [1] some libraries such as
libnss_files* are not located in /lib64 but instead in
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu . As the dracut function inst_libdir_file() only
searches in the /lib and /lib64 folders without checking their
subfolders, some required libraries are not included on Debian / Ubuntu
systems. There is an unsolved bug report on Ubuntu launchpad from 2011
with more details [2].

I would like to propose two different solutions and be glad to create a
patch for one of them, as soon as I could get some feedback what
approach would be best:
1) Include /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu when detecting the libdirs in
dracut-functions.sh
2) Change inst_libdir_file() to recursively search the lib folders for
the required libraries e.g. by using the find utility

I would be glad if we could solve this issue, as it blocks using dracut
with NFSv3 on Debian / Ubuntu systems.

--Florian

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/TheCaseForMultiarch
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dracut/+bug/882282