Re: [patch 2/2] ssh-client: add urandom seeding

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 10:16:01AM +0200, Harald Hoyer wrote:
> Hmm, wouldn't that mean, that the generator is seeded with the _same_ seed on
> every reboot?
> How is this different from booting with no seed at all?

Atleast it can help with kdump where we might regenerate the initramfs
upon user config change and capture the new seed.

Also kdump does not happen often on the machine. So I guess for once in
a while operation it is still better to use random-seed then not using
anything at all.

Thanks
Vivek