Re: dracut 008 luks key in external device - still broken

2011/3/20 Amadeusz ÅoÅnowski <aidecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> First of all I haven't taken into consideration fact, that one can want
> to use dracut for mounting something more than root. That's why there's
> only key or only password. But it probably would be possible to
> optionally ask for password, too. I will have to think of cases with
> multiple devices to be decrypted and improve the module.

Anaconda by added swap as well, and other things can be added manually
as a kernel parameter...

> What happens? Doesn't decrypt anything? Or just one of devices?
Apparently anything.

> Please specify:
> 1) How did you build initramfs (which options) and please provide output
> it has printed. (Append -v to options to get more verbose output.)
I used:
/usr/libexec/plymouth/plymouth-update-initrd
It takes a while to finish and it does not display anything - with or
without -v...

> 2) How did you specify kernel cmd line options.
It is in my first e-mail and you can see it in dmesg on the line 79 as well.
Link to dmesg is in point 4 below.

> 3) What is expected to happend and what happens.
Expected: I expect my machine boots in the same way as if
rd.luks.keydev is not specified.
What happens: it says it cannot mount md devices and I end up in dracut shell.

http://pastebin.com/nA4qVFcZ

> 5) Content of /tmp/ from initramfs time would be useful, too. (Content
> of every file there.)
It has 3 files:

#console_init.tty0 - it is empty (size 0)

#luks.keys:
*:/dev/sdc1:/mykey

#root.info:
root='block:/dev/mapper/vg2-lv_root'
rflags='ro'
fstype='auto'
netroot=''
NEWROOT='/sysroot'

I added four more points:
6) To prove my key is OK, I tried below from dracut shell: (I'm sure
key for other partitions is fine as well)
#mkdir /mnt
#mkdir /mnt/USB
#mount /dev/sdc1 /mnt/USB
(successful)

#cryptsetup -d "/mnt/USB/mykey" luksOpen /dev/md1
luks-6508ce25-91d1-469a-9423-7b10ef00754e
(successful)

#ls /dev/mapper
control
luks-6508ce25-91d1-469a-9423-7b10ef00754e

7) Is there any option how to enable history and arrow keys in
dracut's shell? (Apart from adding bash into intramfs?)

8) My /etc/dracut.conf contains: (everything else is commented out:)
# list of kernel filesystem modules to be included in the generic initramfs
filesystems+="vfat fat"

# install local /etc/mdadm.conf
mdadmconf="yes"

# install local /etc/lvm/lvm.conf
lvmconf="yes"

9) Also please note that my system boots fine if I remove rd.luks.key
from the kernel options - it asks for pw and all is OK.
Here is dmesg log from successful boot (when rd.luks.key
option is not used):
http://pastebin.com/61yMGff5

Thank you very much for your help.