Re: Dracut NFS root rw before pivot but ro after pivot

Hi Guys,

After reviewing this I found my observations were incorrect.

I have since tried NFSv4 with the same result. I'm now back using NFSv3.

I am booting to pre-pivot rdbreak=pre-pivot.

If I cd /sysroot/tmp (as I did previously) and ../bin/touch test the test file is created however the permissions are nobody:nobody:

-rw---- 1 nobody nobody 0 Oct    7 11:47 test

If I try the same in /sysroot i.e. ./bin/touch test I then get: Permission denied

For some reason the NFS is seeing the root UID.

The mount options are 10.197.170.5:/vol/filerboot/linux/images/live-mon-test /sysroot -o rw,fg,timeo=6000,retrans=2,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,hard,nointr,noacl,tcp,nfsver=3,nolock,sec=sys

If I chroot into /sysroot and do id it returns with:
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

however files get created with the nobody attribute in /tmp?

rpcbind appears to be running as the root user.

When I try to start services such as rpc.statd within the chroot I get: superuser access required.

Any ideas?