Re: dracut modules

Dave Stone <fsck1234@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi everyone.  Are there any documents describing how to add new
> modules to /usr/share/dracut/modules.d?  I have looked at what is
> available with RHEL6 Beta 1 version.  I would need to insert my own
> drivers before lvm. Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes, there's README.modules in the root of sources directory [0]
(or inside /usr/share/doc/dracut-$version$ if your package manger puts
docs there). Functions like inst are well documented in comments in
dracut-functions script which should be placed in /usr/share/dracut/.

[0] http://sourceforge.net/projects/dracut/

Cheers,
Amadeusz Żołnowski

--