Re: One warning message when switching root to /sysroot (which is the mount point for NFS)

On 06/12/2010 09:27 AM, Min Jun,Xi wrote:
I have found the reason for "mount: only root can do that (effective
UID is -2)",
The nfs server is NFSv4-powered, NFSv4 has a concept of a root of the
overall exported file system. The export point exported with fsid=0 is
used as this root. If we didn't specify "fsid=0" in the /etc/exports
file, when it is mounted by the NFS client, all the owner of the
overall exported file system will become "nfsnobody:nfsnobody".
Because of this, the owner of "/bin/mount" is changed to
"nfsnobody:nfsnobody" from "root:root". when "mount" is called, the
warning message is shown.

For RHEL6 you want at least dracut-004-18 to get NFS4 working.
dracut-005-3 in Fedora 13 should work as well.