Re: help about dracut

Am 06.04.2010 14:11, schrieb Tony Wan:
Hi List,

Sorry for interrupt. I'm totally a newbie for dracut and have no idea
how to make a customized initramfs with it on Fedora Core 12. I have a
luks-crypted partition, but I don't want to mount it at boot time, so
there's no need to ask for the password during the boot process. My
question is how to disable dracut to auto-detect crypto_LUKS
partitions and ask for the password during boot (or just for a
specific partition with a UUID). Anyone can give me help, since it's
really difficult to find a tutorial for dracut on internet. Thanks in
advance.

$ man dracut

crypto LUKS
       rd_NO_LUKS
          disable crypto LUKS detection

       rd_LUKS_UUID=<luks uuid>
          only activate the LUKS partitions with the given UUID Any
          "luks-" of the LUKS UUID is removed before comparing to
          <luks uuid>.  The comparisons also matches, if <luks uuid> is
          only the beginning of the LUKS UUID, so you don’t have to
          specify the full UUID.