Re: Patches, Patches, Patches ...

On 12/29/2009 01:54 PM, Luca Berra wrote:
Hello,
I am trying to integrate dracut into Mandriva, so far it looks good but
I had to do some modifications in order to have it working.
- dracut-003-kbd.patch: we have kbd data in /usr/lib, so this patch will
search for /lib/kbd and /usr/lib/kbd and use the existing one
- dracut-003-terminfo.patch: same applies to terminfo database
- dracut-003-kogz.patch: we use compressed kernel modules, this adds
support for those. I actually don't like very much the
uncompressing/nm/delete thinghy and I think we should put uncompressed
modules in the initrd, which is alreeady compressed, but I did not come
up with a clean patch yet
- dracut-003-selinux.patch: we dont' use selinux, so it makes no sense to
force load policy if selinux is not installed at all.

While testing it I also found some issue which I worked around:
- dracut-003-umount.patch: some modules call umount, but don't install it.
- dracut-003-rdshell.patch: for some unknown reason the emergency shell
starts with stderr closed, at first I even tought it was not working at
all, then I came up with this hack, which seems to work properly. I also
change the prompt to remind which step are we breaking to.

and added a feature:
- dracut-003-addmod.patch: this makes dracut load kernel module
specified in add-drivers even if building an host-only mkinitrd, it is
useful in cases where we might change some storage drivers and still
don't want to build an enormous initrd (e.g. ahci/ata_piix)

latest is a wrapper around dracut with the syntax from mkinitrd, could
help transition to dracut.
mkinitrd-dracut.sh

patches are attached.

btw i am unable to git clone from sourceforge:
$ git clone -v git://dracut.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/dracut
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/bluca/GIT/dracut/.git/

Regards,
L.

Pushed most of it.