Re: Please revert commit "There is only one resolv.conf."

Warren Togami wrote:
On 09/17/2009 11:24 AM, Seewer Philippe wrote:
Having only one resolv.conf is ok for a booted client. That is the
normal and the usual behaviour is that the first interface to be up and
ready with data is the one to write the contents.

But inside dracut we really do not want that behaviour. First the
primary interface (see bootdev cmdline argument) might not be the first
interface to come up, second if we are in guess-the-interface mode,
multiple interface might receive different data for resolv.conf and we
have to use the correct stuff to mount.

So please revert that commit.

Do you agree the one copied ultimately should be the interface that successfully netbooted?

Well if you mean by that the one ultimately copied to the booted system that is correct. Just use the one /etc/resolv.conf after a successful mount.

Regards,
Philippe

Warren