%s substitution

On 06/18/2009 06:15 AM, Seewer Philippe wrote:

* We should however support the %s substitution in exactly the same
way as the kernel. Looking at our current code though, it seems we
don't. The docs don't do hostname.

Removing hostname isn't a problem, patch below

I noticed another potential problem...

62   <root-dir>    Name of the directory on the server to mount as root.
63                 If there is a "%s" token in the string, it will be
64                 replaced by the ASCII-representation of the client's
65                 IP address.

# Kernel replaces first %s with host name, and falls back to the ip address
# if it isn't set. Only the first %s is substituted.
if [ "${path#*%s}" != "$path" ]; then

Wont this only match if the $path ends with %s? The nfsroot.txt seems to indicate it should be substituted if the %s appears anywhere in the string.

I'll wait until you have an updated patch fixing both issues.

Also, did you verify that the ip format you generate is identical to the "ASCII-representation of the client's IP address" as generated by the kernel?

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx