Re: Hibernate broke?

On 06/17/2009 06:19 AM, Warren Togami wrote:
I noticed today that hibernation is broken for dracut generated images.
Fedora 11 mkinitrd generated initrd works just fine for me, but the
dracut generated image of the same kernel is failing to resume.

My system has root and swap both within an encrypted LVM vg.

My understanding is that if you hibernate, it somehow writes something
recongnized by grub upon the next boot so it knows to boot the same
kernel & initrd with additional cmdline parameters to resume.

When I hibernate from the mkinitrd initrd, the system shuts down. When I
boot again, grub immediately jumps into that kernel bypassing the grub
menu, asks for my passphrase to decrypt, then reads the frozen system
from swap and resumes.

When I hiberate from a dracut initrd, the system shuts down. When I boot
up again, it goes to the full grub menu and seems unaware that it had
hibernated.

Any idea what is going on here? Did this ever work with dracut before?

you could try to just overwrite the mkinitrd generated image and see, if that gets booted