Re: inquiry: where to place iio/ bandpass filter driver

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 11:48:31 +0800
Chris Ruehl <chris.ruehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on implementation for ltc6602 dual match bandpass filter spi
> driver.
> The driver tree has a iio/frequency which has PLLs at time beeing and
> I wondering to drop my driver there or have a new directory
> freqfilter or bpf ?
>
> This isn't urgent, but would be nice to know.

Perhaps iio/afe?  It's a type of analog front end (or might be used as such).
Is the intent to wrap these up as a consumer of an ADC?  So they ultimately provide
a unified device presentation to userspace of the ADC + filters. Or are
we looking at simply controlling a filter which doesn't connect to an ADC or DAC
visible to us?

I'm not against a new directory for filters though.  Don't be specific on the
type unless we need to be :)

Jonathan