Doubts in getting started with the Analog AD7928 driver

Hello everybody.

I am still learning about kernel developing. I would like to try to
develop a device driver for the AD7928 [1], from Analog Device.

Can someone give some words to guide me?

I was thinking about forking the analog kernel repo [2] but I don't
know to which branch should I commit to when doing a pull request. Or
if this is the correct way for the devices from Analog.

[1] https://www.analog.com/en/products/ad7928.html
[2] https://github.com/analogdevicesinc/linux

Daniel Junho