Re: ti-ads7950.c GPIO Pins

On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 09:46:48 +0800
Phil Reid <preid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 24/01/2019 3:36 am, Justin Chen wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have an use case where I need to configure the 4 GPIO pins on a
> > ADS7953. The current driver does not support this. What would be the
> > proper way to implement this?
> >
> > I created an IIO_VOLTAGE channel for each GPIO to enable or disable
> > them, but this doesn't seem right to me.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> G'day Justin,
>

> What about using the existing gpio framework.
> see iio/adc/stx104.c for an existing example
> search for gpiochip

Absolutely.  Should register with the normal kernel gpio subsystem.
Make sure to also cc the Gpio maintainer and appropriate mailing lists
alongside IIO.  May also need some bindings to explicitly make those
pins GPIOs given they look multipurpose...  Although the driver
doesn't (I think) support any of those other uses yet, we need to
make sure any devicetree bindings allow for them in a clean fashion
and that any such bindings are optional.

Thanks,

Jonathan