RE: mma8425 driver: scan_elements name error in_accel_(null)_mag_falling_en

> I am guessing you have a backported driver as the mma8452 driver back then
> didn't support free fall detection and hence wasn't using that modifier.
>
> So pick up that patch above and you should be fine.

You are correct that it is in fact a backported driver and patch fixed this error (didn't think to check until you mentioned this..).

> > node to poll. There is no character device node /dev/iio:deviceX
> > which I've seen documentation on.
> The lack of /dev/iio:deviceX is odd. Are you on a some embedded platform?
> Some of the cut down udev equivalents don't always create the nodes
> automatically.  You can do it manually if needed using the details available
> under sysfs.

Manually making the node solved all my confusion regarding polling events and reading from
the buffered output. (I was examining the iio_event_monitor in tools/iio/ before I emailed
the mailing list).

Regarding udev/mdev. mdev seems to only scan /sys/class for dev files, and unfortunately the iio device doesn't exist in /sys/class so no /dev/iio:deviceX was created...

> > Was this not considered when
> > opting for runtime pm of the accelerometer?
> I suspect the answer to that is no but will have to leave it to the
> author of that patch to address.

Thanks for CC'ing Martin for feedback. I imagine for our use case we'll need to add support for active/auto-sleep, so there may be a patch in the future for those who want this support.

Appreciate all the help .

Brandon

Please be advised that this email may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us by email by replying to the sender and delete this message. The sender disclaims that the content of this email constitutes an offer to enter into, or the acceptance of, any agreement; provided that the foregoing does not invalidate the binding effect of any digital or other electronic reproduction of a manual signature that is included in any attachment.