Re: [RFC] iio: accel: Add driver for the Analog Devices ADXL345 3-axis accelerometer

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 9:23 AM, Florian Vaussard
<florian.vaussard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 01/25/2017 10:25 AM, Eva Rachel Retuya wrote:
>> Add basic IIO support for the Analog Devices ADXL345 3-axis accelerometer.
>> The datasheet can be found here:
>> http://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/ADXL345.pdf
>>

> There is already a driver in the kernel for this accelerometer (under
> drivers/input/misc/adxl34x*). Maybe it would be worth migrating the exiting
> driver to IIO instead of duplicating the effort?
>
> Your driver appears to support only the I2C variant, whereas the existing driver
> supports both I2C / SPI (hint: I have the SPI variant on a board :))

Hi Florian,

This is our intention, to migrate the ADXL34x input driver to adxl345
IIO driver,
supporting all the features the input driver is offering.

We sent this patch early for review in order to get a feeling of
what IIO/input folks think about this device and if moving it to IIO
is a good thing.

Glad that you have the SPI variant, perhaps you can help us with
testing the patches :).

thanks,
Daniel.