Re: multi-planar buffers

On 06/28/2016 11:04 AM, Phil Reid wrote:
> I'm interested in multi-planar buffers for and ADC that does multiple
> parallel dma transactions.
> Raised the question about 6 months ago and it was something for which Lars
> said support was needed at some point.
> At the time he suggested that it was best implemented with the mmap support
> which still doesn't look to be upstream correct?
>
> The mmap is also of interest to us due to the potential number of channels
> and high sample rates.
> Is the work stalled on getting this into the kernel?
>
> Could someone point me to where the latest mmap code is so I can look at
> integrating multi-planar buffers into it for our driver.
>
> If there something I can do to help get the mmap code into the kernel as
> well I'm happy to have a go with a bit of guidance.

Hi,

No progress on the upstream of the mmap code at the moment, sorry. The
latest code is here:
https://github.com/analogdevicesinc/linux/tree/xcomm_zynq/drivers/iio but
probably needs some serious rework before it is ready for upstream submission.

Among other things to support the multi-planar buffers the structure layout
for the buffer meta data needs to be changed.

- Lars