Re: using monotonic clok for timstamping

To sump up, implementing timestamping clock selection support in IIO
should be based on the following principles.

Selected timestamping clock is a per-device attribute which the userspace
may access through a sysfs file.

It must be applicable to both buffered samples and events.

Userspace may choose amongst a subset of available POSIX clocks. A good
starting point would be: CLOCK_REALTIME, CLOCK_MONOTONIC,
CLOCK_MONOTONIC_RAW, CLOCK_REALTIME_COARSE,
CLOCK_MONOTONIC_COARSE, CLOCK_BOOTTIME and CLOCK_TAI.
Please delete as appropriate if needed and see clock_gettime(2).

One remaining question is : how do we ensure sample and event timestamps
consistency with respect to clock changes ? 2 suggestions:
* reject the ability to select a new clock as long as an events chardev is opened
  or a buffered samples channel is enabled ;
* clock may be changed at any time since it could be implemented in an atomic
  way (a simple atomic_t can hold an int / clockid_t if I'm no wrong).

Regards.