RFC: humidity sensor heaters

Jonathan et all,

So I am currently working on a driver for the TI HDC100x series of
temp + humidity sensors, and have a question on how we should handler
the heater functionality.

This seems quite common in high accuracy relative humidity sensors to
have a resistive element within the sensor to heat up the device and
get rid of any condensation that happens in a high humidity
environment.

Now it could be a one off sysfs entry within the driver like
"heater_status" but it seems something we want to more generic since
this will be an issue in the future (aka si7005 driver for instance).

Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks,

Matt