Re: iio_utils tool incorrectly assumes "offset" file to be present

On 22 July 2015 15:55:53 BST, Joo Aun Saw <jasaw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm new to this mailing list and I'm new to IIO, so please forgive me
>if I ask silly questions. I haven't got time follow the latest
>development in IIO.
>
>I'm using iio_utils tool in my program and noticed build_channel_array
>function assumes "offset" file to be present under the IIO device. The
>issue is, not all IIO devices provide an "offset" file. I'm using ST
>accel, magn, and gyro drivers, and there's no "offset" file. Is offset
>supposed to be optional?
Yes.  That function should probably be checking for the -ENOENT return value
and setting the offset to 0 rather than faulting out.

Scale isn't required either and for some devices such a proximity sensors is not
 well defined (depends on the reflectance of the target)

Hatmut, I missed this when reviewing your patch adding error handling back in May (I think...)

53118557b6a9c263e4a80825da367b2116529541