Linux IIO test framework

Hello,

We are analyzing the possibility of writing a Linux IIO test framework.

First, we need to know if there is already any work done in this
area. Didn't find anything on the Internet :).

Second, do you think that this would bring any benefit to the Linux kernel
IIO subsystem?

We would like to keep the tests in kernel tree under (tools/testing/selftests)
and I'm not yet sure if we can make use of libiio [1].

Because we are now gathering requirements for this, any feedback would
be more than welcomed.

thanks,
Daniel.

[1] https://github.com/analogdevicesinc/libiio