Re: linux: Goodbye from a Linux community volunteer

On Fri, Oct 25, 2024 at 03:35:37PM +0200, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:

> Okay, great. I'm fully on your side: let's sanction all countries that
> like to wage wars of aggressions against other countries and kick out
> all maintainers from there.

Sanctions are imposed by Governments --- for example, the US,
European, Japan, Switzerland, Norway, etc.  Not Linux developers, nor
Russian troll farms, nor Russia's useful idiots on the internet.  It's
not up to anyone on this mail thread.

I see from your country code in your signature that you apparently
live in Germany.  Please note that if you violate Germany's laws and
regulations, whether it's by supplying bomb-making technical
assistance to a terrorist group, or lending technical assistance to
sanctioned entities directly or indirectly controlled by the Russian
Military-Intelligence, you could be subject to civil or criminal
penalties.  And that's not up to me; it's up to your elected leaders
and Germany's judicial system.

If you don't like this, I cordially invite you to exercise your
democratic rights and make your opinions known to your fellow citizens
and to your elected politicians.

      	      		       	       - Ted