Re: [LSF/MM/BPF TOPIC] Running BOF

On Wed, Apr 17, 2024 at 06:01:00PM +0100, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> As in previous years, I'll be heading out for a run each morning and I'd
> be delighted to have company.  Assuming our normal start time (breakfast
> at 8am, sessions at 9am), I'll aim for a 6:30am start so we can go
> for an hour, have half an hour to shower etc, then get to breakfast.
> We'll meet just outside the Hilton main lobby on Temple Street.

Our start time has been pushed back by half an hour this year (breakfast
at 8:30, sessions at 9:30), so let's start the run half an hour later.
And the street name needs a little disambiguation; there are North,
South, East and West Temple Streets ;-)

So, we will meet at West Temple Street & Pierpont Ave at 7am.  I have
a certain amount of route scouting done, and we can negotiate where we
go each day.  I'll be wearing a red t-shirt and black shorts.

> I don't know Salt Lake City at all.  I'll be arriving a few days in
> advance, so I'll scout various routes then.  It seems inevitable that
> we'll head up Ensign Peak one day (6 mile round trip from the Hilton
> with 348m of elevation) and probably do something involving City Creek /
> Bonneville Boulevard another day.  If anyone does know the various trails,
> I'd be delighted to listen to your advice.

Ensign Peak was muddy when I went up on Wednesday and not very fun.
It's also more of a hike than a run.  Now, it had been raining/snowing
on Tuesday, so it may have dried out by the time we want to go up.