Re: [GIT PULL] Revert ata fix for 5.17-rc2

On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 06:34:16PM +0200, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 2:10 PM Damien Le Moal
> <damien.lemoal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I forgot about the umn.edu situation and accepted a patch, which was the single
> > fix in my earlier pull request. This pull request reverts the patch. My
> > apologies for the noise.
>
> Gaah. The patch looks valid, so I think reverting it just for the umn
> situation is not only noise, but a bit unnecessary.
>
> I'm adding Greg to the cc, since he was the one most involved with
> that whole thing and maybe he feels otherwise, but I'll drop this
> revert for now on the assumption that it's fine.

It's up to you all, if you think the patch is correct, keep it for now.
I had review comments on it yesterday here:
	https://lore.kernel.org/all/YfQSdJgi4x5hN3Ee@xxxxxxxxx/

but it seems like it might be right.

I have contacted the university again, and they privately apologized and
have said they will stop contributing until the process we worked on is
in place.  Someone decided to ignore their administration's rules here
it seems :(

thanks,

greg k-h