Re: Samsung t5 / t7 problem with ncq trim

On 1/18/22 05:02, Sven Hugi wrote:
> Hello
>
> I hope, that this is the correct mailinglist... if not, pls let me know...
>
> So, there is a problem with the samsung t5 and t7, those ssd's are
> just samsung 850 with an usb-c adapter.

Then the SSDs are likely seen as scsi devices rather than ATA ones,
through USB mass storage/UAS (USB attached SCSI). So the problem may
come from the USB-C adapter in the device, which would explain why the
changes you show below are ineffective.

See the output of:

scripts/get_maintainer.pl  drivers/usb/storage/uas.c

to see who to contact about that problem.

--
Damien Le Moal
Western Digital Research