Intel RST and NVMe drives

Hi,

I recently bought a Z390-based Asus motherboard, and I noticed that
enabling fake RAID in the BIOS made the NVMe drives invisible to Linux.

After asking on the linux-raid list [1], I was directed to an old thread
on linux-ide dating from 2016 [2].

If I understand correctly, the thread resolved to "This is a dirty
trick, we don't want to support that, just leave the storage PCH in AHCI
mode if you want to use NVMe drives".

I bought this motherboard with two NVMe drives and intended to install
both Linux and Windows on this machine (dual boot, I play games from
time to time), with a RAID 1 array, and the only solutions left to me
are either to use IMSM_NO_PLATFORM on Linux (and change the RAID mode
setting in the BIOS every time I boot Windows), or to renounce the RAID
setup altogether.

Now, two years later, the same problem potentially impacts all
motherboards embedding Intel 1xx/2xx/3xx chipsets, so I'd like to know
if the consensus changed on this matter, or if this kind of setup will
really never be supported.

Thanks in advance.

[1] https://marc.info/?t=155380846300002&r=1&w=2
[2] https://marc.info/?t=147709622400002&r=1&w=2