Re: [ANNOUNCE] Jens is the new libata maintainer

Hi,

On 27-08-18 15:55, Tejun Heo wrote:
(oops, fixed copy&paste error on Jens's address)

On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 06:49:20AM -0700, Tejun Heo wrote:
Hello,

I haven't been a very good maintainer for libata for some time now and
have been looking for someone who can take over.  I asked Hans a
couple times but he was too busy (btw, Hans, thanks a lot for handling
all the big reviews!).

You're welcome.

Thankfully, Jens offered to take over the
maintainership, and I can't think of anyone who's more qualified or
better suited.

So, please say hi to the new maintainer.

Hi Jens,

My main involvement with libata used to be the libahci_platform.c since
I once upon a time created that to have a set of default helpers for
various (mostly ARM) SoC specific AHCI drivers. I've stopped working
on the Allwinner sunxi stuff a while ago, but I still review most of
the libahci_platform.c related patches. I would not mind if you take that
over from me :)

Lately I've mostly been involved in SATA LPM (Link Power Management)
and specifically in enabling some level of that by default as this is
necessary to get recent Intel chips into a high package C-state
(deep powersaving states) and it seems now also to get them to reach
the deepest S0ix levels on all the new-fangled laptops using suspend
to idle instead of a real suspend to S3.

LPM is tricky because it tends to trigger firmware bugs in both
motherboard firmware as well as disk/SSD firmwares so you will likely
get patches from me in the future to disable this or that device, or
add some motherboard specific quirks.

Regards,

Hans