fstrim on Samsung PRO 860 SSD

Hello,

We have had 12 Samsung 860 PRO 256GB SSDs in production for a week on
Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS (4.4.0-122-generic).

At 06:47am on Sunday, the weekly cron job "fstrim" was run with:
`/sbin/fstrim --all`.

Afterwards, on 8 out of 12 SSDs, root filesystem was corrupted and
remounted read-only as we are using the "errors=remount-ro" option.

Any idea why this would happen? Could this be related to
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10310641 from March 27?

For the time being, we have reinstalled all our servers and disabled the
cron job in order to continue production. In the meantime, if you need more
information to diagnose the problem, we could buy another Samsung 860 PRO
SSD dedicated to running tests.

Thanks & regards,

Bertrand Blackburn

--

*We are a team of enthusiastic technologists, building innovative
trading systems and strategies since 1995** **■ *www.abc-arbitrage.com

Ce message peut contenir des
informations confidentielles. Les idées et opinions présentées dans ce
message sont celles de son auteur, et ne représentent pas nécessairement
celles du groupe ABC arbitrage. Au cas où il ne vous serait pas destiné,
merci d'en aviser l'expéditeur immédiatement et de le supprimer. — This
message may contain confidential information. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of its author and do not necessarily represent
those of ABC arbitrage. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify the sender immediately and delete it.

Think before you print!