Re: Samsung SSD 850Pro firmware update queued TRIM problems

Stefan> Hello list, I recently updated the firmware on my Samsung 850
Stefan> Pro from EXM01B6Q to EXM02B6Q.  Now "fstrim -v /" causes SATA
Stefan> command timeouts related to TRIM with NCQ.

>> Do these timeouts happen if you disable ALPM?

Stefan> Yes.

Bummer. The only good data point we have wrt. queued TRIM problems is
that things only appear to fail when ALPM is enabled. Things are working
fine for me on all the systems in the lab, however, and I have never
been able to reproduce any of the issues reported.

I don't have any 850 drives but will try to get one. For now we should
blacklist queued trim on those.