Sata_inic 162x support is broken message

I've recently upgraded one of my older backup Linux boxes to Fedora 20 (I know that 21 is out already, but 20 is what I running on my production box and I wanted to be able to fall back seamlessly). When I did this, I started getting an error message about he sata_inic 162x kernel module being borked. After tracing through various postings, it looks like this driver is going the way of the dodo bird. However, it worked fine for me for four or five years, and I can remember no instances of data corruption. I have several of cards, sold under the SIIG nameplate as SC-SA1012-S1 v1.0 which has one internal SATA port and one external SATA port and another model SC-SAT212-S4 with two internal ports and no external ports. I have used these cards to attach external Hard disks with esata or USB options and disks up to 1 TB in size. I've also used the second port for internal disks and DVD drives.

I'm not a kernel developer, but I am a systems programmer and I contribute to the LibTiff distribution with a utility called tiffcrop and patches for some of the other utilities. Since I have an extra box or two in which I could run tests, I would volunteer to help anyone that would be interested in working on the driver by running tests as directed by the developer. I have built my own kernels in the past, so compiling a custom kernel with any set of options requested would not be an issue. Most of my extra boxes are 32 bit Intel boxes, but my backup box is a 64 bit AMD Athalon model. My production box is a 64 bit Intel x86-64 but I don't think it save to run test kernels on that as my job depends on it and the data on the disks.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance in revitalizing this driver.

Richard Nolde