Re: sata adapter

Gene Heskett writes:
 > Greetings all;
 >
 > I have a nearly 30 year old computer that has an aftermarket scsi adapter
 > plugged into it.  Unforch the scsi2 drives I have are suffering from
 > stiction and will only start if given a tap sufficient to break the seal
 > between the disks and the heads.
 >
 > So, what I am looking for is a scsi2 (50 pin) adapter so I can use a more
 > modern sata drive on it.
 >
 > Is there such a beast, and if so, where can I buy it in the US?

I was in a similar situation myself recently.  I have seen a scsi-to-sata
adapter somewhere once, but it was a very niche and expensive product.
There are cheap scsi 50/68/80-pin adapters out there however (try google),
allowing you to connect a semi-modern scsi drive to an old 50-pin interface.

If you do find an inexpensive scsi 50-pin to sata adapter then please
let us know about it ...

/Mikael