Re: sata link speed on amd hudson

Hi Shane,

>> Can this bit be ignored/overwritten by the driver in theory?
> I'm not quite sure, but anyway driver should not ignore/overwrite
> it to modify the platform's policy, which was decided by OEM and
> verified. We don't know any regression issue either.

I understand the reasoning, just want to make clear that the disk
performance I am seeing is way below what I had expected. Now I don't
know if there is SATA 3 Gbps to blame or not - but since both the
chipset and the drive claim to support it _and_ the drive's specs
would warrant 6 Gbps (afaics), I'd really want to give that a try.

running hdparm -t /dev/sda on a new Intel SSD 510 (120GB) gives here:
Timing buffered disk reads: 360 MB in 3.01 seconds = 119.66 MB/sec

The drive has an advertised sequential read performance of "up to 400
MB/s (6Gbps)" and a real-world test (on Anandtech) shows at least
232.1 MB/s of that..

Any suggestions?