RE: sata_via oops on copying files?

> > If i don't use the Compact Flash attached to the miniPCI->IDE->CF adapter it
> > works like a charm, it's only when i start writting (reading seems to work
> > fine) from the CF card that the kernel oopses, that's why i thought it might
> > be IDE/sata_via related.
>
> Not unreasonable as an assumption - and it may be. It doesn't look like a
> typical ATA bug, but its often hard to tell some hardware and software
> bugs apart. Do you have any other DMA using miniPCI devices you could try
> with the board (eg network devices) to see if it stays stable, or other
> cards you could test the CF with ?

I have a miniPCI wireless card and it works ok, in the sense that i can
run a looped wget someUrl -O /dev/null for hours and no crash happens.

I've tested the CF card on a USB CF card reader and works too (other
computer though as the crashing one doesn't have USB ports).

Sadly i don't have more CF cards to test in the miniPCI->CF adapter.

> > Is it possible to work around IRQ problems? If so I guess this is not the
>
> irqpoll is there for that reason

oh :-/

> > correct mailing list for that question anymore, so can you suggest a better
> > one? And if it's not possible i guess all i have left is bugging my hardware
> > manufacturer.

Thanks,
  Albert