SATA II generation controllers reset problem

Greetings, Jeff!

My name is Vladimir Krivopalov, and I work as software developer in VerySoft LLC, Russia. We currently develop a project containing Linux and Windows client-side parts and have to implement 'hot reboot' from Linux to Windows for our purposes. We use kexec application and grub4dos bootloader for this. There's a problem we discovered while developing our project in Linux part. It occurs when an effort to switch from protected mode to the real mode is taken and bootloader is started, but it fails while looking for the SATA II drives. As for normal booting with grub4dos, it has no probmels with detecting SATA drives. It also finds all IDE drives and SATA I (that have IDE-compartible interface) normally. We suppose the reason could be in that SATA II controllers aren't resetted properly. Could you please provide any explanations on how are they reset by default in libata library for Linux?

Best regards,
Vladimir Krivopalov,
Software developer.
VerySoft LLC (www.very-soft.com)