Re: Processes dying with ENXIO or EINTR - disk related?

Tejun Heo wrote:
Yan Seiner wrote:
Recently I've started getting system freezeups and weird segfaults with
EINTR (Interrupted system call) and ENXIO (No such device or address).

These errors can be in ld, libc, and so on.  I'm stumped; the system has
worked fine for quite a while and just recently has developed this
behavior.  I can start yanking out hardware, but before I do that I wonder
if it is something to do with disk access.  I'm a bit stumped as to what
else could cause ENXIO on loading an app....  Needless to say there aren't
any errors at all anywhere that I can find, so I am guessing.

Highly unlikely it's related to IO.
I was experimenting with nouveau, an xorg driver for nvidia hardware. Turns out that driver left the scsi hardware in a weird state that was causing the segfaults. A warm reboot wouldn't cure it; only a total power down and wait 30 seconds cycle did. Machine stable since then.

At a guess something in the nouveau driver screwed up the scsi controller in the machine.