Re: Port Multiplier access with Sil 3124

Linda,
Please tell us which kernel version you have and include the dmesg
output. Port multiplier support is generally working in 2.6.26 (and later
releases) for several drivers.  PM support was added after 2.6.20.

Where did you find 350MB/s theoretical?
Link is 8b10b encoded. So it's 10:1 of bits to bytes conversion of link rate.
3Gb/s --> 300MB/s in theory.

For MB/s, it depends on the SATA controller. Don't expect more then
225-235 MB/s per port. At least one sata_sil3124 chip (3126?) is buggy
and won't do more than 120MB/s read for all ports (170 MB/s write).
See linux-ide archives for discussion on this.