RE: "SCR access via SIDPR is available but doesn't work"

I have run this test and I can confirm that NumLock does still work,
although unreliably. What I mean by this is that once we get to this
point often it takes a number of presses of numlock to get the state of
the LED to change. Before we get to this point it seems to behave fine.
Ctrl-alt-sysrq-t doesn't appear to dump anything to the console. After
doing ctrl-alt-sysrq-t numlock no longer functions at all.

Something I forgot to mention in my original email is that using
"noapic" at boot is also a work around for the problem. It isn't an
option for us as we are going to be using advanced features such as MSI
that are only available via the APIC route.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Rob