pata_ninja32 plea

Hi,

I was looking for a way to add SSD to my laptop, while keeping the capacity of the hard disk (250G) available. I spotted a CF->Cardbus card in a shop and found that it was supported by pata_ninja32 and delkin_cb. The card is branded Delock, it identifies as: "Workbit Corporation Device [1145:f021]".

What I didn't realize then was that the drivers only offer PIO support. With a Transcend 16G 133x CF card, I can get the card to write at ~3Mb/s and read at ~6-7Mb/s sequential with the old IDE driver, which would be fine were it not for the fact that it makes the system lag like mad, using 100% CPU.
In Windows it gets ~10Mb/s perfomance with <25% CPU load.

With the perf it has in Windows, it would make an excellent root drive and a great upgrade path to SSD for slightly older laptops like mine.

The windows driver is 27Kb, the OSX one is ~100Kb. Somewhere in those 27K is something that will make it perform great on linux, all it would take is someone with a lot more clue than me to take a look at it.

Anyone willing to take a look? Alan?

Thanks,

bbee

Windows benchmark: