Re: libata-core.c

> 1. Is this library generic for all platforms or is it specific to PC
> because it seems to reference PCI in some places. If I have my host
> controller driver, is the current pata_pcmcia.c (and libata helper
> libraries) sufficient to use the Compact Flash in True-IDE mode or
> something additional is needed.

libata is generic.

> 2. The CF TrueIDE mode supports Multiword DMA and Ultra DMA modes of
> data transfer. Your libata-core.c seems to have support for these
> modes. However I assume I will need to provide the DMA Buffer to
> facilitate this. Do I need to provide call back functions to do this
> or I need to implement a seperate Client Driver to support these
> modes? I assume the pata_pcmcia.c uses PIO mode by default? Correct me
> if I am wrong.

If you are in trueide mode the device behaves as an IDE disk, so you will
need a driver for whatever ATA controller is being used.

If you are in PCMCIA mode then you only get PIO0 and the pata_pcmcia
driver drives the CF card with the CF card acting as a PCMCIA ATA
controller

Alan