Re: ATA bus error - SError: { RecovData HostInt Handshk }

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008, Jim Paris wrote:

> Cal Peake wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I'm getting the error below on this new system I've built. It appears
> > sporadicly under heavy drive access (there are six drives on this
> > controller, has appeared for each one at one point or another). If someone
> > has a second to take a look I'd appreciate any help.
> ..
> > ata1.00: ATA-8: ST31000340AS, SD15, max UDMA/133
>
> We ran into similar problems on two different systems we were setting
> up with those same disks.  We swapped power supplies and SATA cables
> and controllers but nothing made the problems go away fully.
> Eventually we replaced the jumper on the back of the disk limiting it
> to 1.5 Gbps and have not had any problems since.

Yeah, I've already swapped the power supply and the cables. The controller
would be a pain since it's part of the motherboard so didn't try that yet.
I guess if it really comes to it I can put the jumpers back on but what a
sad way to fix things. Thanks for sharing your experience, Jim!

--
Cal Peake