Re: libata bridge limits

> > Now we should probably have a shorter timeout where we then check the
> > status bits for BUSY so we can quickly catch lost interrupts or commands
> > but that is quite different.
>
> Yeah, we need to check for lost interrupts and dead IRQ due to screaming
> IRQ.  Maybe we can do some of that in interrupt core.

For SFF at least we can read altstatus and check for BUSY. If BUSY is not
set then something is up, either we have an error we didn't get an IRQ
for or the status is successful.

> The few I was talking about just freezes the whole machine after a
> timeout.  Dunno whether the lowlevel driver needs to do EH differently
> or the controller is just built that way tho.

Some lock the box solid if you don't reset the controller before you
touch any registers on a timeout. I thought we had them all covered - do
you know which controllers are still showing this ?

Alan