Re: IDE OOPS w/udevtrigger

Hi,

On Monday 25 August 2008, Joseph Fannin wrote:

[...]

> So:  the ide hardware is known to be bad, and ide-generic is
> necessarily a bit blind, as I understand it... but the OOPS is new,
> and it seems like ide-generic isn't cleaning up after itself they way
> it did before.  Or maybe sysfs isn't.

Recent ide-generic fix from Borislav (to not probe automatically IDE PCI
hardware) should alleviate the first problem (it is in pata tree and in
linux-next):

http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/bart/pata-2.6/patches/ide-generic-handle-probing-of-legacy-io-ports-v5.patch

The sysfs OOPS (which should also be alleviated by the above fix)
is a bit more worrisome as it may hide some new bug.

> I'm willing to try to bisect this, but maybe it's not necessary?

If it is not too much work, please do (from the description of the
issue it seems it can be scripted into 'git bisect run' nicely).

Thanks,
Bart